Sunday, March 18, 2012

Omiyages from a trip to Snow Country

A couple years ago I went up to Hokkaido for the snow festival. The best thing from this trip was a trip to an onsen where I met a lovely older couple from Fukuoka who spoke English and another woman who was trying to set me up with her son who lived in Tokyo. While I was soaking in the outdoor onsen, it started lightly snowing. Nothing is more magical than that!

Yuubari Melon
Yaki-Morokoshi


The second best thing was the jackpot of omiyage KitKats that I found. In Haneda airport, I found the Kanto/Shizuoka one - Wasabi! It's probably one of my favorites. It's spicy and sweet at the same time. Yum! The two that I got from Hokkaido are 夕張メロン (Yuubari Melon) and 焼きもろこし (Grilled Millet). The Millet/corn one was a bit weird because of the buttery flavor. And to be honest, I'm not really a fan of chocolate and melon together. But three KitKat flavors from one trip? Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment